Want to control workflow transition based on custom field value (e.g. Checkboxes)

Hisamitsu Koga June 8, 2017

I want to control workflow transition (status to be moved) based on custom field value (whether checked or unchecked on Checkboxes). e.g. There are transitions from "Open" -> "In Progress" and from "Open" -> Resolved" and checkboxes (e.g. User Agreement). If "User Agreement" checkbox is checked, want to move from "Open" -> "Resolved". If unchecked, want to move "Open" -> "In Progress". In post function of a transition (Start Progress ("Open" -> "In Progress")), how can I configure Groovy script to realize this request? Please let me know Groovy script precisely. or, if there is another solution, please let me know it as well.

1 answer

2 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2017

Hi,

you don't need workflow post functions but workflow conditions. 

Add two transitions:

• open -> resolved
  • open -> in progress

Add a workflow condition to both transitions:

valuefield.png

In this workflow condition check for the status of your user agreement checkbox, so that only one of these two transitions is shown to the user.

Hisamitsu Koga June 8, 2017

Hi Tomas,

Thank you for your prompt reply. It works fine.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2017

You're welcome :-)

Suggest an answer