Want to add many tasks with same task discription for all my projects

Shahbaz Sharif September 7, 2022

Basicaly we want to remove a component from all our projects so i want to create task about "removing that component" in all projects total projects are 60 i want to save time creating 60 tasks one by one is a time consuming prosess.

2 answers

0 votes
Łukasz Modzelewski _TTPSC_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 7, 2022

.csv import is a great option.

If you want to go further and make some modification you can use our Excel 365 Connector, which is providing 2 way communication Jira <-> Excel.

With our app you can easily create new issues in Excel or edit existing issues (fetched from JQL or filter). In your case in Excel you would just need to modify project key in those selected issues.

Here is a documentation page about creating new issues: https://psc-software.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ECSD365/pages/934019084/Create+new+issue

0 votes
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2022

Hi

There are scripting options but it sounds like you would be able to do this with a CSV import built in excel

see https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/importing-data-from-csv-938847533.html

Importing issues into multiple Jira projects

You can import issues from your CSV file into different Jira projects through a CSV file import. To do this:

• The CSV file must have two additional columns whose headings should be named similarly to Project Name and Project Key.
  • Ensure that every issue represented in your CSV file contains the appropriate name and key in those columns for the Jira projects to which they will be imported.

The project name and key data is the minimum Jira project data required for importing issues from a CSV file into specific Jira projects.

IssueType, Summary, Project Name, Project Key
bug, "First issue", Sample, SAMP
bug, "Second issue", Sample, SAMP
task, "Third issue", Example, EXAM

Suggest an answer