Want to add a new user.

Vishal Shah June 26, 2016

Hi there,

I want to create a new user. But it seems User Management tab is missing here. https://tailorsmark.atlassian.net/secure/admin/ViewApplicationProperties.jspa

I am an administrator user: https://tailorsmark.atlassian.net/secure/ViewProfile.jspa

Username: tvs

Can you please let me know from where I can enable "User Management" tab?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2016

Are you an administrator for your Cloud systems?

(We're not support, we can't see your systems to check anything)

Vishal Shah June 26, 2016

Thanks Nic for the quick response.

Yes, I am an administrator for my cloud system. But I think I am missing some rights. I don't have full application access. 

Can you please tell me in general terms, where can we enable "User Management" tab in JIRA software cloud?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2016

There is nothing to enable.  If you are an administrator, you click on the admin cog near the top-right of the page and select "user management" from the drop-down.  I'm not too sure why you're talking about "tabs" though.

Daysha Consulting June 27, 2016

Maybe you are not in the site-admins group.

Chris

Vishal Shah June 27, 2016

ah yes, @Daysha Consulting. I think, I am not added in site-admins group. Do you have any screenshot where I can see how to add myself in that group?

Thanks.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 27, 2016

You will need to get an existing administrator to add you.  Who are your other admins?

I need to show a screen shot to my admins of the page where one can add someone in a site admin group.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 27, 2016

If they do not know how to do their job, why are they the administrators?

Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2016

I don't have a screen shot, but if your site-admin logs in, they will have User Management in their drop-down menu in the top-right. From their they should be able to add you to the group.

Thanks @chris. It helped.

Suggest an answer