Want to Customize workflow

Pushpkant January 24, 2013

Hi,

I want to customize my workflow in a such a way that whenever I move my issue to next status it should be assigned to concerned group and in that assignee list only that group people should be displayed.

Can you please tell me how can I acheive this?

Thanks,

Pushpkant Garg

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2013

You won't be able to do this in onDemand as it requires customization.

Pushpkant January 24, 2013

Then How can I acheive this?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2013

Well, you can do it partially. You can change the assignable user permission using workflow permission properties as described here: http://www.j-tricks.com/1/post/2011/02/permissions-based-on-workflow-status.html

This will limit the assignee list to selected groups on certain statuses. You can also have a post function to assign the issue to a predefined user, not a group. Will that work?

1 vote
sap
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2013

If u want to assign this as a post function..click add as usual in edit mode.There u would find an option called script post function.Click it and write the script there and check.I have done so for the condition.I guess i did the same for post func.Cant now verify as that has been changed.Just try and also let me know

0 votes
sap
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2013

Or there is a workaround that u assign to one person whos part of a group.The transition leads to a status where u should be able to see the transitions to the next.Noe to enable these transition view write a script in the condition of the Status as "assignee in membersOf("").This should always work.in this way the users belonging only to this group can see it.

0 votes
sap
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2013

Hi,

Wat u can do is to run a script like assignee= membersof("Group").This should assign to a group.now give the access to this group to the individuals u wish to.

Pushpkant January 27, 2013

Where should I run this script?

Suggest an answer