Wallboard Agile Gadget vs. Actual Agile Board

Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2014

I created a wallboard on a dashboard for one of our scrum projects, and I had expected it would behave identical to the actual agile board. In other words, I expected it to allow me to drag the task from one status to the next. It didn't. Instead, I just ended up highlighting some text in the task name. Am I doing something wrong? Or is the widget just for viewing and not modifying the task board?

Here's a screenshot of my attempt to drag the widget task to the next status.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David G February 26, 2014

The wallboard gadgets are read-only. The idead behind them was to set up a wallboard (ie. TV, Monitor, etc) in the breakroom, conference room, or other areas of the office to give project visibility. They aren't interactive like the full blown Agile Work board.

For more information on wallboards. Old Wallboard Contest

Chris Escalante July 20, 2015

Appreciate that these are read only but then I wish there was a way to quickly link my team to the actual board so they can enjoy the full benefits. We use the wallboard as a status tracker, its on everyones default dashboard and its annoying to have to go find the board separate from the data that is being presented right in front of you…

ignacio_ocampo August 2, 2015

I can't found this wallboard gadget in my JIRA 6.4.3 instance. How can I install it?

Suggest an answer