WORKFLOW TRANSITION BUTTON

Dan Bugg September 9, 2015

I copied a workflow (Elections) and created a new workflow (Corporations)  for Election Release Management and Corporations Release Management Workflows 

image2015-9-9 9:27:42.png

image2015-9-9 9:28:25.png

If you look at ELCT-225, you will find that I have a Workflow Button on the screen which allows me to skip around the Hot Fix issues when it is not approved.  It takes the issue straight to "In Development" and allows within the workflow the ability to seek additional requirements or cancel the issue.  

When I duplicated the Elections Release Management flow to the Corporations Release Management one, the Workflow Button did not come over, but rather only a Cancelled button, which is under the Elections Workflow button but Cancelled is all I get with the Corporations Release Workflow.  This is causing these issues to stay in a nasty Hot Fix loop and I cannot resolve it because I do not have the Workflow button.  What haven't I done?  My JIRA Administrator left two weeks ago, and I am trying to figure this out and am struggling very much.  Please tell me what i need to do because my Corporations Team moves in to Release Management later this week.  

2 answers

1 vote
Pilar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2015

Agree with Nic, check the workflow and its conditions.

Here are couple of links to get you familiarised on how it works.

btw, you will need JIRA admin permissions to edit the workflow.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/advanced-workflow-configuration-317196666.html

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/configuring-workflow-185729632.html

Pilar

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2015

Check the "conditions" on the transitions.  They control whether a transition appears or not.

Suggest an answer