WAR distribution alternatives?

keshav kumar January 26, 2015

Hi Experts,

Do we have any alternative for WAR distribution? I mean i want to install at least 4 products on a single Linux server on the same port. so if you have any alternative or suggestion please provide it to me.

Thanks in advance

kk

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2015

This was asked and answered already at https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/12159021

1 vote
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2015

Hi

There is no limit on how many applications (WAR files or "exploded" unarchived java web apps) you can install on a single server.

However, big java apps (JIRA and Confluence together, as example) are quite resource hungry and usually it is not a good idea to do so. But for smaller (simpler) web apps it is not a problem.

It is also harder to maintain and troubleshoot such configurations. Also, issues in one app causes other apps to suffer.

So, it is easy to achieve, but quite hard to maintain and keep healthy.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2015

And you can't run Confluence and Jira in the same container.

Suggest an answer