Visualize all project time spent per issue type

Ivaylo Stanev October 31, 2013

Hi guys,

I want to visualize/see the time spent per issue type for a given project and/or time period. I think this is pretty important info for every Product Owner/Manager, pretty vital and basic stats.

For ex. I want to get something like this

Bugs - 35% of the time spent by all the team for project x
User Story - 40% of the time spent by all the team for project x
Improvement - 25% of the time spent by all the team for project x
showing the total sum in hours could also work, if there is no option to show in % or chart

I did not find a way to do it in Jira itself, nor using the Tempo plugin.

How can I get this information? Is this possible out of the box? What about a plugin, preferrably a free one :)? Or any other suggestion?

Environment: Jira 6.1.1, Agile addon (latest) , Tempo addon (latest)

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2013

Hi Ivaylo,

You could take a look at the EazyBI plugin for JIRA (not free but a trial license is available for you to check it out ) : https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.eazybi.jira.plugins.eazybi-jira

Best regards,

Peter

Ivaylo Stanev November 4, 2013

Very helpful, thanks! Any other suggestions?

1 vote
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2013

You can try the closure report segmented by issue type on the Arsenale reporting plugin.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.arsenalesystems.dataplane

Rahul

0 votes
Ivaylo Stanev November 12, 2013

Feature Request in Jira posted.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-35695

0 votes
David Goldstein
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2013

Rahul gave you a pointer to our add-on -- Arsenale Dataplane. Here's how easy it is to do in Dataplane:

Done!

Here's what it looks like, with total hours and averages computed for you...

Ivaylo Stanev November 12, 2013

Thanks! The chart is very helfpul! Actually, this is what I need - a nice graph. Do you have the same in pie chart as well for a given period of time (without splitting by quarter/month/week etc)?

David Goldstein
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2013

Ivaylo- We don't have the cumulative pie chart now, but it's actually an easy thing for us to add. (We do have pie charts, but right now they're just for reporting on the current value of issue fields rather than historical/timeline-based reports).

We love getting requests like this. They expand our understanding of customer use cases and reporting needs and those suggestions are rolled into our regular 6-8 week releases, including new chart types and out-of-the-box reports.

I've created a feature request for your cumulative pie chart idea. If you have other suggestions for Dataplane, please Contact Us or just hit the "Arsenale Dataplane feedback?" link within JIRA on any Dataplane page. - David @ Arsenale

0 votes
Ivaylo Stanev November 3, 2013

Thanks Rahul! Much appreciate your answer and contribution.

Anyone else? Any other solutions?

Suggest an answer