Visual representation of a larger milestone we are working towards which would span across sprints

Samadhi August 4, 2017

Hi All,

This is my first time asking in here, so let me know if I am not being clear and concise.

My requirement is : We are working towards a Jan 1 milestone to release a whole load of work. I'd like to see all this overall work in some sort of visual representation (be it a board, a chart etc) and be able to at a glance understand (and show others) how we are tracking ie whats open whats done etc.

Our usual mode of operation : We have all the issues we have selected and need for the above milestone in 1 project. We usually set up 3-4 week sprints. We have a board which shows the active sprints. All good and works well. But am wondering if I can have a bigger picture view as well as what works now.

I am keeping my query as simple as possible so you guys can think better :-) , instead of suggesting multiple boards, labels etc. 

1 answer

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2017

The best use-case here is the Versions mechanism. Versions represent the best thing JIRA has for milestones. 

Can you answer a few questions? Is this JIRA Server or JIRA Cloud? Do you have JIRA Software or JIRA Core?

Samadhi August 5, 2017

Hi Steve. Thanks for your response. Yeah I read quite a few threads before raising my query and that's what was recommended then too. Was wondering if there was anything Atlassian had realeased which was more suitable since then :) 

I am on JIRA cloud. 

So versioning it is then.

Suggest an answer