Viewing peer issues in Structure plugin (JIRA)

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2014

Hi

Consider this scenario, Issue A (is the parent) has two sub-structure issues Issue B and Issue C. (connected in a hierarchy using structure)

Now when I click on Issue A on view issue screen, i can see both Issue B and Issue C as the sub-structures in the Structure menu. (which is fine)

The problem is when i click on Issue B, although it shows in Issue A as its parent structure issue , it does not show me Issue C which is actually its peer in the structure relationship.

Is this a limitation of the tool or is there something configuration that i am missing.

I am using structure-2.4.3.jira5.jar on jira 5.0.2

Rahul

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Robert Leitch [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2014

Hi Rahul,

If you 'unpin' Issue B (by clicking the drawing pin icon at the left of the task bar in the Structure panel) this will give you the full view.

Described in more detail here - https://wiki.almworks.com/display/structure/Pinned+Issue+Mode

Best,

Robert

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2014

Thaks Robert, that helps.

Suggest an answer