Viewing executed steps in Zephyr

Magnus Ferm May 21, 2014

Hello

My company is currently evaluating Zephyr and we have created a couple of tests. I just executed a test that included 30 test steps. Two of the steps failed and I used the Create issue button create an issue.

The created issues did not end up in the general defects and after executing all the test steps and finishing the test I couldn't get a report on all the steps and statuses. We would really like to export every test run to excel (or anything) but all we can find is the ability to export all tests in the planning section, which is not what we need.

Is there a way to view and export already run tests?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Edgar Lugo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2014

Hi Magnus,

Yes, there is a way to export executed test steps which is done through our Search Test Executions page which was introduced in ZFJ 2.0. I've provided the steps to accomplish this below:

Step 1: Navigate to the Search Test Executions page (Tests drop down > Search Test Executions)

Step 2: Provide a ZQL statement to find the wanted testcases

Step 3: Check the box on the left of your results. This shows the tests you are planning to export.

Step 4: Click on the export button

The documentation below goes over the Search Test Executions page and includes a ZQL reference page.

https://zephyrdocs.atlassian.net/wiki/display/ZTD/Search+Test+Executions

https://zephyrdocs.atlassian.net/wiki/display/ZTD/ZQL+Reference

Kind Regards,

Edgar

Magnus Ferm May 25, 2014

Ah yes, there it was. Thank you very much!

0 votes
Magnus Ferm May 22, 2014

I finally found that if you press execute on an already executed test you get the data I'm looking for, but the page cannot be properly printed (at least not in FF).

So, to clarify my question: is there a way to export the executed steps. I can't find any export-button. Is there even one?

Suggest an answer