Viewing a user's history

Deleted user April 22, 2013

For example, if I wanted to see what work a user did today in JIRA:

1. Open Administration from menu

2. Click "Users" link.

3. Filter & click on specific user.

4. Click "View Public Profile" link.

5. Look at activity stream.

I imagine there could be a better way of doing this, so I thought I'll ask here. Is there a better way of looking at a user's history in JIRA?
Chris

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

12 votes
Answer accepted
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2013

You can use an acitivty stream gadget on your dashboard and adjust the filter of this gadget ("Add a global filter") to a specific user. This way you don't have to go through all the steps you described.

Henning

Wow awesome answer - thanks!

Victoria Guido May 1, 2018

This would work except my activity stream filters are in Chinese.

The issue is reported, says it's solved, but it's clearly still an issue.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-42361

1 vote
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 3, 2019

Hi 

I'd like to propose the solution - Issue History for Jira Cloud.

It shows the history of all changes that had been made with specific issues.
Plug-in allows:
- Get the changes log ordered by the date
- Use filters to select issues list
- Set columns to show different fields on the report grid
- Apply custom date range to filter results.

At the Atlassian Marketplace you can get more information about the add-on and try the trial version of it.

If you have any question, please contact me directly zoryana@saasjet.com.2019-03-26_21-39-10.png

1 vote
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2013

Hi Chris,

As far as I know, there isn't any methods to view the user history besides viewing the activity stream of the user. May I know why you would like to view the user's history? Perhaps I could find a workaround for you.

Hi Joe

It's just to check up on what people have been up to!

Chris

Like slcphoto likes this
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2013

Hi Chris,

I see. In that case, I agree that viewing the activity streams of every user is rather troublesome. As such, I have created an improvement request for this here - JRA-32729

For now, I would recommend that you do the following on the feature request ticket :

* Vote, so that it will receive more attention

* Watch it, so that you will receive any and all updates

* Comment, and give your opinion on the matter

Please note that the implementation of new features and improvement requests falls under Atlassian's Implementation of New Features Policy.

Like # people like this

Hi Joe

Hmm, I think Henning's answer covers it pretty well already. Thanks for the help!

Chris

Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
April 22, 2013

It's alright :) I just though I would raise the improvement request to make it easier in general, because using the activity stream method, you would need to have multiple activity streams for multiple users.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events