Viewing a ticket's description while commenting

Théo Blochet March 25, 2019

Hey JIRA team,

I'm sure you're aware of that issue already, because that's probably the way you work, too.

Inside the ticket's description, you write what needs to be done.
Then, the dev works on it, and it's time for QA.
During QA, the QA analysts use your comments feature to refer to the description items (or "acceptance criteria").

The issue is, there is currently no way for the QA analyst to view the description AND write a comment at the same time. You have to scroll up to view what had to be done ("acceptance criteria"), then scroll down to write your QA feedback. Then scroll back up to view the description again, etc. 

Endless back-and forth scrolling.
For every. single. story. that goes through QA.

How could that be made better?
Or, is there a better way to use Jira for QA?

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2019

Hello Théo,

I hope you are having a nice day.

Indeed, the behavior you described happens and, unfortunately, there is no way to drag the description field to the same display as the comments in JIRA Cloud, however, there are some simple options that you can use to work around it:

1 - Copy the description to the top of the comment and after typing the comment, erase the issue description from the comment

2 - You can open the ticket in two windows of your browser and use the Command + Tab to switch between the Description and comment fields is a fast way

3 - Copy the description content to a third-party text application

4 - In the new issue view, you can add the issue description to a Custom field and it will be added in the right panel where you can order the custom field to be aligned with the comment session.

Let me know if one this option helps.

Suggest an answer