Viewing Changes In JIRA/Confluence

Deleted user August 8, 2017

Is it possible to view all the PERMISSION CHANGES made in JIRA/Confluence within a given time line?

essentially our IT is going through some turnover, and our president is "adament" about giving more people full permissions in JIRA... is it possible to see a log of all permission changes these new "admins" are making?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2017

Have you got the admin audit log turned on?

If your President is giving you bad advice, you can rely on expert advice from the ecosystem, which clearly says "keep them to an absolute minimum, or you *will* end up in a mess" (3 part-timers as a minimum, 10 as a max, for a very large organisation)

Deleted user August 8, 2017

Where do I go to turn that on?

As for our Org size we are about 160 employees and we have 2 "admins" who are not under my supervision that i want to see what they are doing. just want to make sure they know what they are changing. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2017

As an administrator, go to Admin -> System -> audit log.

Stuff in the JIRA Admin interface moves in different versions, so I'm never sure I am giving the right directions.  I tend to use the search all the time - try just typing "audit" into the admin search box.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events