ViewCustomFields page does not allow to edit/delete custom fields after inserting JS/HTML in custom field's description.

Marco Colageo May 26, 2013

Hi all,

I've been defining a custom field that contains some js and html in its own description and now the "wheel" meu does not work more and the hyperlink goes to simply to the beginning of the page (secure/admin/ViewCustomFields.jspa#). Thus, the page lists only the custom field and I'm not able to make any changes.

I need to remove the js/html from the description of the custom field, is there any alternative way to do that? My Custom field page does not display the edit/delete menu.

The cog icon at top right of the screen does not work!!!

Thanks in advance

Marco

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marco Colageo May 27, 2013

Need to remove the custom field definition within the DB. It seems to be the only solution to get JIRA Custom Fields page back to work.

I accessed the Edit page trough the direct link using the id of the custom field causing the problem.

..../secure/admin/EditCustomField!default.jspa?id=10199

By removing the field description with the JS/HTML I fixed the problem.

Cheers

0 votes
richie_gee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 26, 2013

You can try placing the code to the announcement banner instead:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+an+Announcement+Banner

This will make sure that the javascript is available throughout all the page loads.

Hope this helps :)

Marco Colageo May 26, 2013

Hi,

the code is supposed to display a pop-up with info related to a custom field while creating a new issue.

Announcement Banner is cool too :)

cheers

Suggest an answer