View total work done in sprint inclusive of scope change

Rachel W November 7, 2019

Currently, it is not an uncommon practice that we add tickets to our sprint during the sprint. The result, for our burndown chart, is that the line goes back up along with the additional items.

My question is, is there a way to get a graph that shows how we travel from the total # of points in the sprint -- at whatever point that number is largest? -- to the total # remaining at the end? For example, if we started off with 20 points in the sprint, worked down 10, then added another 10, then worked down 5 (so +30 total, and -15 total), I'd like to see a line traveling downward from 30 to 15 -- rather than the current line, which goes from 20 down to 10, back up to 20, and then down to 15. Any suggestions for how I could get this? 

1 answer

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2020

Hi @Rachel W 

Our Great Gadgets app offers a Sprint Burndown Burnup Chart gadget that has a Scope Change line, which I think that it behaves as you want. Same for the Release Burndown Burnup Chart gadget.

I also includes a Team Velocity Chart gadget that allow displaying the scope change, added and removed in every sprint as a chart, but also in a data table.

Does it help?

Danut.

Suggest an answer