View switches between new and old view

Doug Rosenfeld November 15, 2019

I am using the new Jira issue view. I like it. I have it turned on and I use it exclusively. The trouble is, some of the tasks that I create (in the new view), when I come back to them later display in the old view. I created a new task using the new view just eight minutes ago. I am back in the task and it is displayed in the old view. It sucks! The layouts between the views are so different. I have to know both views and remember when the controls, the buttons, the whatever between the two versions.

Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

2 answers

1 vote
Doug Rosenfeld November 25, 2019

Ha! I figured it out!

If I navigate to a task from the Search page, the task displays in the old view. For example, this URL displays task in the old view:

https://NNN.atlassian.net/browse/FAM-2214?jql=labels%20%3D%20%22spr%22%20and%20labels%20%3D%20%2226551%22

However, if I navigate to a task directly, the same task comes up in the new view. For example, this URL displays the task in the new view:

https://NNN.atlassian.net/browse/FAM-2214

Because I am managing releases, I am exclusively looking at "search" pages by release. This is why I am constantly seeing tasks that I enter in the new view being displayed in the old.

Juho-Pekka J-P Palomaa March 2, 2020

Thanks for your fix! I've been having the same problem which has been so annoying and making me question myself when others had the new different view :D

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 18, 2019

Hello Doug,

Thank you for reaching out.

Once you turned the new issue view on, It is not common to see the old issue view again, unless you are using JIRA Service Desk.

JIRA Service desk does not have the new issue view fully implemented yet for the queue and some other views. That being said, please check the following:

1 - Double-check if you have activated the new issue view by clicking your profile picture > Personal Settings > turn the new issue view lab feature

2 - Check if you are navigating to a Service Desk issue

3 - Check if your issue URL is displaying "?oldIssueView=true" when viewing the issue with the old view.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Doug Rosenfeld November 25, 2019

Hi Petter

Thanks for your reply! 

1. Check - the new view is on
  2. Check - it is not a service issue
  3. Check - "?oldIssueView=true" is not in the URL.

But... number 3 gave me the clue as to what may be causing the problem. See my post below.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer