View source changes JIRA + Fisheye

Veena Peruvaje May 21, 2014

Hi,

I am using JIRA 6.2.1 and fisheye 3.4. I checked that if I use OAUTH authentication, it pops up window for authentication. I have more number of users in JIRA( around 50) and less number of FISHEYE users ( for eg 10).

In earlier versions all jira users were able to view the source changes in source tab. But i dont see source tab now. So inorder to all jira users view source changes, do I need to use same number of users in fisheye. Is there any way to use source tab as earlier version, without any authentication?

Regards

Veena

1 answer

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2014

Hi Veena, it's not necessary to have the same number of users, since you're using OAuth, you can have more users in one application. You just need to authenticate with a valid user in Fisheye that has access to the source code.

Also, the user in JIRA need to have View Development Tools permission. Additional to that, you may check this KB. (Note: This KB refer to View Issue Source tab, but it's the same as View Development Tools, this is just how it was called in previous versions).

Cheers

Suggest an answer