View request type by roles

Ivan Cho December 18, 2016

I'm trying to configure Service desk to allow different request types to be serviced by the different role types.

I.e - I have Finance, Operations, HR type roles and I would like them to only be able to view and process request types that are specific only to them. 

Any ideas on how to do this?

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2016

I concur w/ Walter. The key here is your stated requirement "...view and process...specific only to them." If that is not a hard requirement then you can easily do this via Groups and Request Types on the Portal accompanied with Queue filters. Of course this will allow members of each functional group to view the others queues/issues if they so desired. In other words if you want to keep the issues private among groups then setup as different projects as Walter offers.

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2016

You might want to set up different service desks for Finance, Operations and HR. That gives you full control on who can access what.

Suggest an answer