View key of a sub-task from parent's page

Colin Whooten June 26, 2014

When I'm looking at the parent item, I see the subsection of "sub-tasks" listing out the subtasks. In that grid, I see the summary, assignee, status, and type icon. But I don't see key, which seems like an obvious thing to show. How do I enable that in on-demand? Seems like you can do so in hosted, but not on-demand. I'm at a loss why that wouldn't be turned on by default for everyone.

1 answer

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2014

Hey Colin,

Since you are using OnDemand you will not be able to customize this. You should raise an improvement request for this.

Cheers

Bhushan

Colin Whooten July 2, 2014

Well that isn't a very great answer. I found two times this issue has been resolved, but then I'm guessing it keeps getting broken. A related improvement is now 2 years old and no action. IF you have a config for this, why in the world can't it be turned on for all users in on-demand. Who wouldn't want this? https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-29407

Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2014

The issue might have been resolved for Download instances. It is possible to customise this on Download instance by modifying the jira.tables.cols.subtasks property in JIRA advanced configuration.

Why in the world can't it be turned on for all users in On-Demand and who wouldn't want this? Contact Atlassian.

Suggest an answer