View in Issue Navigator link is not working (GH 6.1.6 & ScriptRunner 2.1.3)

Andria Humpert April 11, 2013

Hello:

I hope @Jamie Echlin can help me! I have all latest versions installed on our served version of JIRA. Here is the info:

JIRA (v5.2.9#852-sha1:71473fa), GreenHopper (v6.1.6), Script Runner (2.1.3).

I am getting the following error message when I click the "View in Issue Navigator" link in the PLAN mode of all of our project/team boards in JIRA/GreenHopper:

sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target.

Here is what my browser displays when the link launches the Issue Navigator and the error appears:

https://bugs.corp.bbi.com/issues/?jql=issueFunction%20in%20inSprint(%22Slacker%20Site%22%2C%20%22Sprint%2030%20-%20Website%22)

Please help! I've contacted Atlassian support and they're directing me to Jamie, the plugin developer.

Thanks in advance!

andria

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2013

Hey there, Andria.

The problem that you are facing could be caused by the fact that JIRA does not contain the SSL certificate (public key) from the services it trying to connect.

Is your POP mail server using SSL services? If so, can you try to obtain that certificate (public key) from the mail server and then import into the keystore of the JAVA which JIRA is using at the moment.

After that, restart JIRA and try to test the connection again.

Kindly check on the documentation for further details and explanations:

Hope this helps.

Warm regards,

Danial

Andria Humpert April 11, 2013

Danial:

This worked!! Thank you!!

..andria..

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2013

Brilliant, thanks for answering this Ahmad.

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 14, 2013

Hey there, Andria and Jamie.

Glad to be able to help on this. You are most welcome!

Warm regards,

Danial

iro_MT April 14, 2013

I don't understand what to do. My JIRA runs on Windows, on SSL with a valid certificate. Not sure how would this greenhopper issue be connected to POP or LDAP when JIRA is basically trying to connect to itself.

First I exprted the certificate from a linux machine that has openssl installed:

$ openssl s_client -connect jira01.domain.com:https

I took the cert, copied over to the JIRA server. Then imported the SSL certificate into JIRA's keystore although it was already there hence running on SSL:

C:\JIRA\jre>bin\keytool -import -file "C:\certificate\https.pem.txt" -alias jira01.domain.com -keystore c:\certificate\jira.jks

Certificate already exists in keystore under alias <tomcat>
Do you still want to add it? [no]:  yes
Certificate was added to keystore

Rebooted JIRA but same error. What do?

0 votes
Laszlo Kremer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2013

You have to import the JIRA server's certificate into the keystore, not the email server's cert. The script runner turns back to JIRA, an needs the root cert in the keystore.

Of course if the email server's root cert is the same as JIRA's cert, then there is no difference.

Suggest an answer