View epics diferent release

Antonio Abril February 9, 2017

Hello everyone

Is there any way to see the epics that are included in different releases?
Jira portfolio shows the epics included in each release, but not those that affect different applications.

Regards

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dastin_Kuwałek__SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 10, 2017

Helli Antonio,

I have an idea how you can achieve displaying selected epic's tasks ordered by releases (JIRA versions) in which the were released.

BigGantt and BigPicture can visualize tasks from any filter so for simplicity you could create a Program based on a filter which includes one Project, set's call this project SpaceTravel. In this case, the filter definition would be

Project = SpaceTravel

When you have created you Program then you should allow it to synchronize the JIRA versions in Configuration->Synchronisation. Then the synchronization of WBS needs to group tasks by JIRA Version, also done in Configuration->Synchronisation section. 

After going back to Gantt and synchronizing your versions, comes the step of narrowing what you see to tasks of a selected Epic. This can be conveniently done by defining quick filters in the Configuration of the Program.

With such configuration, you will be able to see all Gantt tasks which are linked to given Epic grouped by version. I've presented the concept bellow.

Visualize Epic's tasks spread accross different releases-versions.png

0 votes
Antonio Abril March 25, 2017

Hi Dastin,

Thanks for your help, that´s work fine.

Regards

0 votes
Dastin_Kuwałek__SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 24, 2017

@Antonio Abril Ledesma, @Antonio Abril Ledesma did you have a chance to see my answer?

Suggest an answer