View customer's email address in jsd view screen

Kristin Bitler August 31, 2017

I'd like for staff to be able to view the customer's email address or at least have it escalate to a project Story when those types of escalations occur. The project lead and staff have direct contact with end users so they need to be able to use this once that transition takes place..

1 answer

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2017

Hi Kristin,

Are the "Staff" agents?  If so they can view information about the customer in the Customers tab of Service Desk.

Not sure what you mean by "have it escalate to a project story"?

Cheers,

Susan

Kristin Bitler September 1, 2017

This department's workflow is: an issue is raised in the JSD. If it relates to the department's project, there's a post function that creates a story in the project. Once it goes into the project, the end user doesn't have a license for JIRA and agents communicating with them via the JSD becomes extremely cumbersome.

That being said, if I can get the email field visisble in the view screen in the project, that would save the agents from multiple clicks and copying and pasting.

Thanks,

Kristin

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2017

Hi Kristin,

THere is perhaps some scripting that could copy in that information to a custom field, comment in the software project.  Alternatively there are ways for the comment and have that comment also appear in the linked issue. 

I suggest you look at maybe this answer:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/Automatically-update-comments-status-between-JIRA-Service-Desk/qaq-p/527308

And there are some other discussions on the same scenario in Community.

Susan

Kristin Bitler September 1, 2017

Susan,

I'll give that a go and thank you for the resource.

Happy Friday,

Kristin

Suggest an answer