View a plugin JQL field in issue navigator?

Gabriel Magno da Silva August 8, 2017

Hello!

In issue navigator we can filter issues with a JQL field named "company", which is part of Atlas CRM plugin. This field though, is not available to select as a column. Is there a way to make it visible as a column in issue navigator?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Gabriel Magno

1 answer

1 vote
Maarten Arts
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2017

Hi Gabriel,

That is a great question. The short answer: No, it's not possible to add the company field to the issue navigator.

The longer answer: In theory, it's possible for us to send data to JIRA, which JIRA can use to add the column. But we are running into some limitations when we try to add this option for Atlas CRM.

The main problem we run into is that some users have too many companies for JIRA to handle. While some users manage a couple hundred companies in Atlas CRM, others have 10.000 and more.

When we add the integration that I described above, the users with 10.000+ companies will run into issues with JIRA. Their JIRA instance will not be able to handle this amount of data and become very slow.

This is why we haven't implemented this integration yet. We want to make sure that all of our users will have a good experience before we add this integration. 

We did talk to Atlassian about it during an event last Juli. They're aware of the limitations. We're now waiting for a better solution before we can start implementing this option.

Does that answer your question?

Thank you,
Maarten
Atlas CRM

Gabriel Magno da Silva August 8, 2017

Hi!

Yes, it does. I was looking for a workaround.

Is there a way to fill a custom field with the company value?

I know that out of the box, there's no way. But, maybe using JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions or Adaptavist ScriptRunner, there could be way.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Gabriel Magno

Maarten Arts
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2017

It could be possible to use a workaround. Gert-Jan wrote about accessing linked companies and contacts via entity properties of an issue. You can read about it here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Questions/How-can-I-update-companie-filed-with-JSON/qaq-p/617132.

This is an unsupported workaround, however. There are some changes coming in the way we link customer information to issues. So this is not reliable.

Suggest an answer