View a Project's Current Workflow

ashley.sargent November 20, 2019

Hello - coming back to using Jira after a couple years away and man, a lot of things are different. 

Right now, I can't seem to figure out how to view a project's current active workflow within its settings (or elsewhere). I want to make a change to a current transition and add a new status but I can't do that if I cannot tell which workflow is being used by that particular project. I have administrative access. Can someone guide me on how to figure that out?

2 answers

2 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2019

You may be running into the Next-gen project which has not workflows at least in the Classic sense. Does the side bar have project settings under which you see “Features”? If so this is NG. If not you should see Project settings > workflows where you can edit and chang the transition.

ashley.sargent November 23, 2019

Yes, it does have project settings sidebar with 'Features." Ok,if that is the case, what is the best way to add new statuses and transitions? 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2019

You add statuses by adding columns in the board.

ashley.sargent November 25, 2019

And transitions? For reference, what I am trying to do is add a QA process. Right now, we have one QA status - I want to have transitions for QA Failed and QA Passed, which would send the ticket back to In Progress for the former and Done for the latter. Having those as columns would be tedious. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 25, 2019

based upon your goals I'm not sure that NG is the best choice. While you could certainly achieve your goal of moving issues backward (In Progress) or forward (Done) in NG it sounds like you are trying to formalize your pass fail paths.

However, sticking w/ the current NG you could do the following:

To Do <--all

In Progress <--all

In QA <--all

Done <-- all

basically you have four statuses (columns) and with NG you can transition to any other status w/o restriction. So if an issue fails QA then it is dragged back to In Progress or To Do. If it passes it is dragged into Done.

1 vote
Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 20, 2019

Hi @ashley.sargent ,

Welcome to Community !

Along with @Jack Brickey suggestions you can view current flow in the issue. Please refer below screenshot for your reference.

workflowView.png

Thanks,

AVinash

Suggest an answer