View Workflow chart

jmlabuac January 16, 2019

How can I return the "View Workflow" link in a Jira issue? When Jira updated, it went missing. 

3 answers

1 vote
Julian Governale
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2020

@Jazer Suarez you may have figure it out, but you can now view the workflow from the status tab in the new UI

2020-01-22_1344.png

Jazer Suarez January 22, 2020

@Julian Governale yes I found it the very first time it got implemented. I was glad this was added to the new design. 

1 vote
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2019

Hi @jmlabuac,

Are you using a next-gen project? (You tell by looking at the bottom of the left hand navigation frame; it will say "You're in a next-gen project" if so.)

Next-gen projects use their own workflows that are different from classic projects, and the view does not include the "view workflow" link. If you open a classic project you should see the link in the issue next to the Status field.

Hope this helps, 

-Scott

jmlabuac January 16, 2019

Hi @Scott Theus,

No, I'm using a classic project not a next gen project because we are making our projects share a custom configuration. Below is a screenshot of the issue and a screenshot of the permission scheme. The status is found on the top right corner of the screen and the view workflow link besides it is missing. Is there other settings that will make that link appear? Everything was fine prior to this new view of jira.

jiraPic.pnghe top right corner, there is no longer a view workflow link besides it. jirapermission.png

Regards,

Jazer

Like Anna Poloniecka likes this
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2019

Thanks @jmlabuac,

I tested this in my sandbox project and was able to replicate it; you are correct, the link is not available in the new issue view. 

You can turn off the new issue view by clicking your avatar icon in the bottom left corner, select personal settings, and scroll down to Jira Labs.

Capture.JPG

You can also submit a request to Atlassian and ask to have it added back in via the link below:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

-Scott

0 votes
Deleted user January 16, 2019

Hi @jmlabuac - You should be able to do this by going to the Permission Scheme and granting your users the 'View Read-only Workflow' permission. Thanks!

-kalyani

Jazer Suarez January 16, 2019

That is already set. When Jira's UI updated, the link was nowhere to be found. 

Suggest an answer