View Sub-Task assignees in issue search

patrick-deutschmann July 19, 2014

I'd like to have a way to view which developers worked on which stories at a glance.

My preferred solution would be to view the assignees of the sub-tasks of each User Story in the issue search. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2014

You can put the assignee on the list of columns when you display a search in the issue navigator. It's in there by default.

But I suspect you're not actually listing the subtasks in your search. In that case, you'll need to find or write an addon that can do it - my approach would be a derived field - one that can search through the sub-tasks of each story and accumulate their assignees into a list for display on the story. If you structure it correctly, it'll be visible on the issue navigator and searchable (I'd use the script runner to do it)

Thanks a lot for the quick reply!

A derived field is exactly what I was looking for. I've installed Script Runner and added a searchable custom field.

Still, I'm stuck now at writing the script. Could you help me setting it up? For testing purposes I tried returning an example string, but the script appears to return nothing at all. Any suggestions?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2014

I find with the script-runner field, you need to save what you first put in, then go back into it and the preview will start working (and it'll be fine for any edits you do, it's just the first save you need to get it to work)

Thanks, it worked! I was able to set up my script and it works like a charm. For any users, who might need it in future:

import com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUsers

def arr = [] as Set

for (i in issue.subTasks) {
	arr.add(ApplicationUsers.byKey(i.assignee))
}

return arr

Suggest an answer