View Issue Details Block customisation on atlassian bundled plugins

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2013

I need to edit the view of the details block section of View Issue page on JIRA 5.2.2. Hence i modified detailsblock.vm file of jira-view-issue-plugin-5.2.2.jar which is bundled in atlassian-bundled-plugins.zip.

I modified the detailsblock.vm file and recreated the jar and bundled in the zip file. Now i am able to see the changes i have made but in the logs i see the following exceptions.

2013-01-18 20:14:22,854 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin] Detected an error (BundleException) enabling the plugin 'com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.bamboo' : Unresolved constraint in bundle com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-bamboo-plugin [63]: Unable to resolve 63.0: missing requirement [63.0] package; (package=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.viewissue.issuelink). This error usually occurs when your plugin imports a package from another bundle with a specific version constraint and either the bundle providing that package doesn't meet those version constraints, or there is no bundle available that provides the specified package. For more details on how to fix this, see http://confluence.atlassian.com/x/1xy6D

Please find the attached exception for more information. (bundledexception.txt)

How to resolve this?

4 answers

0 votes
rachelcarmena April 20, 2014

I had the same problem. Don't recreate JAR package. Use -u option:

jar uf jira-view-issue-plugin-X.X.X.jar viewissue/detailsblock.vm

Then, recreate ZIP package with that JAR.

0 votes
John Garcia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2013

If the plugin isn't loading, it's likely mispacked; ergo, please try to recompile it using jar -c. If that doesn't do the trick, I would recommend injecting it directly into your <jira-home>/installed-plugins folder and then starting JIRA back up.

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2013

Could you please let me know which plugin you mean to inject into <jira-home>/installed-plugins location?

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

Are you sure Srini that you didnt change any other files? Are you very sure :)

Looks dumb to suggest this. Can you compare the output of the unzip -l command for the original bundled zip and the modified one?

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

Yes Renjith, I just changed only one file and repacked the contents.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

Did you change the version of the plugin? Or change any packages inside it?

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

I have not changed any other files. I modified detailsblock.vm file only.

Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

Error points to missing package: com.atlassian.jira.plugin.viewissue.issuelink

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

Yes but i did not understand that. Can you give me some pointers about where the issue could be?

Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2013

As a last resort, try inline editing using 7-zip in Windows. This will avoid any issue or other tampering with jar.

Suggest an answer