Hey folks. Can't seem to sort this out based on extensive web searches. Looking to modify workflow when an issue is being worked on i.e "In Progress" and it's determined there are other priorities and looking to bring it back to an "Open" state NOT "Re-Open" so it's as if issue was never touched. Just getting started with Jira Cloud so detailed steps are greatly appreciated.
So let me try to lay this out in as many steps as possible :)
1. Go to your Project Settings and open the Workflows
2. You should see some workflows there and a little "pen" icon on the end to Edit the workflow. Once you click that, the easiest is to show the workflow "as diagram"
3. When you hover over a Status/Step where you want to transition from you should see dots around it where you can grab on with your mouse
4. If you grab on to one of those dots, you can drag it to the other State you want to create a Transition towards, When you connect the 2 dots ;-) you'll have a screen pop up to create the transition (name, transition screen)
If this is a new transition you can choose a new Name here and if you don't need a screen to popup you can just leave that on None, if you do need a popup/transition screen we can dive in to that :)
If you already have a transition going towards that Status you could also reuse one but that might complicate it a bit unnecessary
5. When you've created the transition you will need to publish the entire workflow. That should show on top of the page
6. Sit back and enjoy your work :)
so that should be the basics on how to create a transition..hope it helps?
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event