VertygoSLA Plugin question: Why does "Issue Commented" not stop the clock when it's listed in the "Stop" column?

Evan Tidd July 16, 2013

I'm using the VertygoSLA Plugin Trial and I've run into an issue...

I've got an SLA setup that requires us to respond to new tickets with 24 hours, and it appeared to be working - if we Commented on an issue within 24 hours it would turn green and say "SLA Respected" and show how much time had elapsed before this "success" - this should be the expected behavior when "Issue Commented" is in the "Stop" column.

however, we soon noticed that if you commented on it AGAIN, it would show a new, updated time for how much time had elapsed (ie, the clock hadn't really stopped), and if that new time was >24hours, it would change to "Ended, Out of Time" and turn red - despite the fact that the agreement had originally been met.

My question is this: why doesn't the clock stop ticking when events in the "Stop" Column are triggered?

Also - we don't want to "Freeze" the timer because the 24-hour response is setup to restart when the ticket has been waiting on a customer and they respond to it, so we need it to be re-startable and not frozen. (Like I said, just need the clock to "stop" when the stop events are triggered, so that further comments by us don't push it to a Failed state)

any help would be hugely appreciated! Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Evan Tidd July 16, 2013

Sorry, in case it wasn't clear, I'm using the VertygoSLA Plugin Trial currently - thought that was included above somewhere...

Suggest an answer