Vertical scroll bar is missing along with detail issue view in only one opened issue.

Sushma Srivastava November 30, 2017

Not able to view complete issue when I open it. All the fields appear in right side have been disappeared along with vertical scroll bar. Nothing is visible after Description field e.g. Comments, assignee, reporter, dates

PS: This is happening while opening only one particular issue, rest issues in that project appears normal.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2017

The fact that this only happens for a single issue makes me think there is some content of custom field value on that specific issue that might be able to cause this page to render incorrectly.

I would be interested to see if you can example all the fields, comments, etc on that issue to see if any of these contain any sort of script or javascript tags that might be getting picked up by the browser when trying to display the page. 

It might help to try a different browser to see if the results are the same.  And in addition to that, it might also help to generate a HAR file to see what is happening on the browser side.  Generating HAR files and Analyzing Web Requests has steps on how tot do this.

Lastly, I would be interested to learn what happens if you try to clone this issue in Jira?   Perhaps the cloned issue has the same problem or not?

Sushma Srivastava December 1, 2017

Thank You Andrew. This issue is resolved and as you suspected some special characters caused this issue. Taking out the text in notepad and pasting again helped. 

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2017

Awesome, glad to hear you were able to fix this.  Thanks for letting us know what the source of the problem here was.

Suggest an answer