Versions do not show in project and on issue screen

Michael Roth November 17, 2014

We created a version for our test-project. However, it does not show on the project screen. Neither does it show on the issue or transition screen.

Anything we can do to change this?

3 answers

1 vote
Su Jay March 10, 2020

I also have this problem.....

1 vote
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2014

Michael, please check these 2 things:

1. That Fix Version is not set to Hide on Field Configuration.
  2. Click on Configure Fields button on top right of the Create Issue screen (you can see this button on the second screenshot you've attached) and make sure it is set Show Fields: All

Thanks, Peter. I tried that. The Fix Version field isn't available.

configurefields.PNG

I then clicked on "where is my field" and selected "Fix Version" from the dropdown menu. Then, this error message showed:

whereismyfield.PNG

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2014

Whether he is hidden in the  Field Configuration

• Hide/Show — hide the field from view or show 
Michael Roth November 19, 2014

Thanks, I checked both. Even if I add "affects version", the "fix version" does not show. The user group I'm in should also have permission to resolve issues. I also logged in with the administrator and the "fix version" isn't available, either.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2014

You need to add "fix version" too. Fix version and Affects version are separate fields, which use the same list of versions as options. (Don't worry about admin rights though - admin rights gives you admin. Not "access everything", you still need to make sure you have the resolve issue permission as a user. Even if it's adding "jira-admins group to resolve issue in the permission scheme", you still need to do it explicitly)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2014

What does "it does not show" actually mean?  On both issue and transition screens, do you mean it your new version does not show in the affects and/or fix version field drop downs?  Or the fields do not appear at all?

I am guessing that by "project screen", you mean the summary of the project.  It won't show in there until you've applied it to issues.

thanks, that explains the missing versions on the summary screen.

When I want to create a new issue I want to add a Fix Version as well. However, the field is not there. Maye there is something wrong with the configuration (see screenshots attached).

fixversion.PNG

fixversion2.PNG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2014

Ok, two quick things 1. You could try adding "affects versions" just to check the functionality (remove it after testing that it appears there if you don't want to use it) 2. Check your permissions - do you have the right to *resolve* issues? If you don't, then you don't have the right to set a fix version, and Jira removes it from the screen.

Suggest an answer