Verb + description enforcement for naming of JIRA issues.

Chris Mylonas April 3, 2014

I would like to stop members of my team from making vague ticket names and enforce a policy. Is this possible out-of-the-box?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2014

Try adding a scripted validator (script runner) on the "Create Issue" transition of the workflow which will validate the summary filed against a regex for example and fail if it does not meet a criteria.

0 votes
Chris Mylonas April 3, 2014

Beauty! Thanks Boris - I didn't know how to get to those parts. Your wording gave me a sniff of where to look :)

I got stuck on how to add a validator (although I have not attempted it yet), for those that come across this Q&A I was about to ask:

- Adding a validator only allows me to select from existing validators (e.g. User Permissions and an obsolete one).

Then a bit of searching and your wording, in hindsight 20/20 vision, led me to the Script Runner add-on here https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner

Thanks once again for pointing me in the right direction Boris.

Cheers

Chris

Suggest an answer