Velocity statements not processed by JIRA

Michael Yudanin December 16, 2012

I've created a Message Custom Field (for edit) with the following default value:

#if ($authcontext.user.inGroup('Clients'))

<div class="infoBox">

Please make sure to select <b>Client Request</b> as <i>Issue Type</i>. You will not be allowed to submit a Work Ticket.

</div>

#end

For some reason the Velocity code is not processed but displayed as a text.

The field is made 'Required', as JIRA prescribes.

2 answers

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2012

Are you pasting the above script in the field description ???

I have a javascript which can check for current user group . it works for 5.1.x i am not sure if it will work for onDemand coz i guess ondemand is JIRA 6.0

0 votes
Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2012

I am not sure how thinghs work in JIRA OnDemand, but u need to change the condition to the below one -

#if($jiraUserUtils.getGroupNamesForUser($authcontext.getLoggedInUser().getName()).contains("Clients"))

Hope it helps!

Michael Yudanin December 16, 2012

Thanks Naren, tried that already. Doesn't work. And I'm told by Atlassian that OnDemand will not support Velocity scripting at all...

Suggest an answer