Velocity compare multiline string problem description-edit

Yannick Le Goualher April 6, 2015

Hi,

I'm having trouble in comparing multi-line string. The goal is to compare the description string in case of multiple project.

I have several projects like this:

- Project1

- Project2

I have edited the description-edit.vm file like this:

#set ( $description_project1="template 
project
1")
#set ( $description_project2="template project
2")

#if ($description == '' && $issue.project.key == 'Project1')
#set ($description = $description_project1)
#end

#if ($description == '' && $issue.project.key == 'Project2')
#set ($description = $description_project2)
#end

I have a multi-line description ($description_project1).

When I create an issue, there is no problem because the variable $description = ''

The problem is when i click on create an issue (by default on the project1 for exemple) then switch to the project2. The variable is not equal to '' but to the value of the template of the project 1.

So I tried to add the following code:

#if ( ($description == '' || $description_project2 == $description) &&  $issue.project.key == 'Project2')
#set ($description = $description_project1)
#end

But the code above doesn't work only if I have a multi line description (if I have one word for description it works).

I tried to format the variables $description et $description_project1 with the method collapseNewlines() with no success.

I tried also to compare string with StringUtils.equals but it doesn't work either.

Have anyone have an idea of a solution? A solution for me will be to be able to write the variable $description_project1 on one line but i didn't find how to add a return in the string.

Thnak you for your answers.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Yannick Le Goualher April 7, 2015

Hi,

I have found a solution to avoid comparing thos string with the character return.

I added the line !$issue.getStatusObject() to compare id the issue have already have been created or not. If the status exists (open, etc...), I don't replace the description value by my template. If the status doesn't exist, I replace the text with the template.

Suggest an answer