Velocity and $authcontext.user.inGroup('...')

Michael Franz May 22, 2012

In documentation of Jira 4.3 there was a hint how to customize .jsp or .vm pages based on user role or group

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA043/Customising+interface+based+on+user%27s+role

I didn't find this in Jira 5.

How can I do this in Jira 5?

Thanks.

Michael

1 answer

0 votes
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2012

This one wasn't deprecated in JIRA 4.4, so it should work

$jiraUserUtils.getGroupNamesForUser($authcontext.getLoggedInUser()).contains("jira-administrators");

DanielP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2012

Would I have to put the jiraUserUtils into the context myself? Or is that already taken care of?

Rickard Johansson [Tieto] May 31, 2012

Hello,

Dieters code above:

$jiraUserUtils.getGroupNamesForUser($authcontext.getLoggedInUser()).contains("jira-administrators");

will work with a small modification.

Instead of

$authcontext.getLoggedInUser()

you will have to use

$authcontext.getLoggedInUser().getName()

This is because the getGroupNamesForUser method wants the username rather than the user object.

So the working code should look like:

$jiraUserUtils.getGroupNamesForUser($authcontext.getLoggedInUser().getName()).contains("jira-administrators")

Best Regards,

Rickard Johansson

Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 31, 2012
Thanks Rickard, absolutely right
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 31, 2012
@Daniel: yes, i tried a solition that works without injecting other objects into the velocity context.

Suggest an answer