Velocity Chart Gadgets

Jamie Faria July 6, 2021

Does anyone know why Atlassian has not yet released the Velocity Chart report in gadget form?

I have seen the ticket (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-10762) stating they are watching this, but 6 years has gone by??? Any new updates I may have missed? I understand I could buy an app through the marketplace to help but since they have velocity charts available out of the box for reports why not make that available to have on a single dashboard  through gadgets? Some gadgets exist in both report and gadget form so why not the velocity chart?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2021

Hello Jamie,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

The last update was posted last year from our product manager Ivan:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for voting and commenting on this issue. We will keep reviewing this and appreciate your engagement. Unfortunately, we have not been able to start working on this yet, so it's not possible for us to project when this will be developed. However, we plan to address it sometime in the future.

It's important to understand that we rarely try to implement individual features from jira.atlassian.com, but instead take a holistic look at the problem and use feedback from the comments here and a dozen of other customer input to solve the core problems.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or feedback.

Regards,
Ivan Teong
Product Manager, JIRA Software

I searched for updates but didn’t find anything new, so I added an internal comment asking Ivan if there are any updates.

I also added a link to this question on the internal comments, but feel free to add a comment on the ticket as well.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Tonya April 25, 2022

Hi,

Thank you for the response. I checked on your solution and the version of Jira I’m working with will cost an additional $41 per month after the 30 days trial period.  

Are there any other workarounds to display the velocity chart on the Dashboard that will not incur a fee ? 

The Rich Text gadget is not working when I add the velocity chart link either. 

Regards, 

Tonya 

Som_RVS April 5, 2024

Hi,

As an alternative, to track resource / sprint velocity as a dashboard gadget, I can recommend our app. The app comes with couple of gadgets to track team member's velocity in a sprint and also a complete sprint status overview.

Sprint Velocity & Status Gadgets 

Disclaimer : I am part of the team which developed this app

Resource Velocity Chart.png

Sprint Status.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events