Various potential permission issues within JIRA Plans

Steven Lloyd June 23, 2021

I have recently created a Plan within our JIRA. I have previously created two plans which use Projects as there filter for projects.

The new plan I have created uses a filter which spans essentially across three different Projects. One of which is a project which is used in one of the other plans we have set up. The first issue I have come across is that when a uses tries to change the order (using drag or drop) and review the changes, they are unable to save the reviewed changes. This issue does not occur when the order is changed in issues which are from the other two projects?

Additionally, I am down as an Admin and created the plan yet I am completely unable to move the order of any issues within the plan, they just snap back to the previous position, is this because there are seemingly changes in flight?

I am fairly new to using Plans within JIRA so although I know a fair bit around JIRA I am still slowly trying to work around the Plans so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steven Lloyd June 23, 2021

I have a resolution to the second issue where I was unable to change the order of the issues, after looking at a few documents, this seems to be an issue where the "Sort by" had been amended out of the "rank default" so I changed this back and saved.

This also gave a confusing result where I am now able to move all issues order within the plan without issues, but users who aren't admin can still only move issues from within 2 of the 3 projects so starting to wonder if this is a permission issue within the project

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events