Values of custom field is different from a view screen on edit screen

Priyanka Karguppikar January 23, 2019

I have a custom field which has a drop down of A and B. If I edit an issue and set the custom field value to A and update it is getting set. But if I set to B and update again. It is still showing the previous value on the view screen. On the edit screen it is B but on the viewscreen, it is A. 

Kindly help me out with this and let me know the cause of it. I have tried reindexing the project. But it is not working.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2019

Your screenshot is showing that you have two separate "Yes" options in the drop-down list, and you're changing the value from one to the other.

No the id 10389 is for No

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2019

Ok, I think I've skipped explaining something - the screenshot you've given us is of the history, not the "view" of the issue.

The history records what the options were at the time your change was made, not what they might be now.

Could you check the value of the custom field in the issue *view*, not the history tab?

Priyanka Karguppikar January 24, 2019

Hello @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-,

I suppose it was an indexing issue. I locked the jira and reindexed it. This helped.

Thanks for your reply.

Pravin December 16, 2019

@Priyanka Karguppikar  i am facing the same issue 
but after indexing the issue it will resolve but it is again occurring for different issues .
do you have any solution for this ?

Ruksana maniyar December 17, 2019

Please try integration checker. 

Like Pravin likes this
Pravin December 17, 2019

@Ruksana maniyar  thanks for your reply

but we can not see any issue related to this field in integrity checker :(

0 votes
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2019

Hi @Priyanka Karguppikar,

When you update the custom field value to B, it the change history is getting created?

No, There are two different ids are shown but both value names are shown as yes only.

Error view screen.png

If I edit and update the yes to no. It is not getting updated to no on the view screen. It is updated on the edit screen.

Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2019

can you please check the configuration this particular field. If this  field having multiple schemes

No, there no multiple field schemes on this custom field.

Suggest an answer