It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Values of custom field is different from a view screen on edit screen

I have a custom field which has a drop down of A and B. If I edit an issue and set the custom field value to A and update it is getting set. But if I set to B and update again. It is still showing the previous value on the view screen. On the edit screen it is B but on the viewscreen, it is A. 

Kindly help me out with this and let me know the cause of it. I have tried reindexing the project. But it is not working.

2 answers

Hi @Priyanka Karguppikar,

When you update the custom field value to B, it the change history is getting created?

No, There are two different ids are shown but both value names are shown as yes only.

If I edit and update the yes to no. It is not getting updated to no on the view screen. It is updated on the edit screen.

can you please check the configuration this particular field. If this  field having multiple schemes

No, there no multiple field schemes on this custom field.

0 votes

Your screenshot is showing that you have two separate "Yes" options in the drop-down list, and you're changing the value from one to the other.

No the id 10389 is for No

Ok, I think I've skipped explaining something - the screenshot you've given us is of the history, not the "view" of the issue.

The history records what the options were at the time your change was made, not what they might be now.

Could you check the value of the custom field in the issue *view*, not the history tab?

Hello @Nic Brough _Adaptavist_,

I suppose it was an indexing issue. I locked the jira and reindexed it. This helped.

Thanks for your reply.

@Priyanka Karguppikar  i am facing the same issue 
but after indexing the issue it will resolve but it is again occurring for different issues .
do you have any solution for this ?

Please try integration checker. 

Like Pravin likes this

@Ruksana maniyar  thanks for your reply

but we can not see any issue related to this field in integrity checker :(

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you