Value Field Condition for Checkbox field?

Martin Trneny October 18, 2016

Hi,

is it possible to use Value Field Condition in workflow to compare checkbox field for specific option?

My scenario:

I have checkbox1 field with options valueA, valueB, valueC

I want to add condition like this: Find out if checkbox1 has valueA = true (checked)

In this page https://jsutil.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JSUTIL/JIRA+Suite+Utilities+Workflow+Conditions#app-switcher I didn't find anything about checkboxes.

Thanks.

Martin

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mahesh S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2016

Use 'script condition' if you have script runner plugin. Refer this document for a few examples.

https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Conditions

Thanks Mahesh but I don't want to spend more money for Script runner plugin. I'm asking if it is possible with JSUTIL add-on?

Martin

Mahesh S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2016

Martin, I have tried the same with Value Field Condition using JSUTIL add-on. It works for checkboxes too!

I have tried for the same scenario where I have checked both 'A' and 'B' as the values. Moving to workflow, When I gave the condition with value as 'A' as given in the screenshot, it was returning true.image2016-10-18 18:39:33.png

And similarly true while giving the value 'B' as well. But when I gave it as 'C', it fails. Hence, this checks the availability of any of the field value in checkboxes and works perfectly!

Great. It also works with Comparison typeOption ID and Value: SelectedValue (eg. 12800) Thanks Mahesh!

Mahesh S
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 18, 2016

Wow. Thanks for the additional info. Cheers! smile 

Negjat Jusaj January 18, 2023

Hi Mahesh,

did you only enter the value or also the string?

Value: selectedValue=11219

Value: 11219

Suggest an answer