Validators during clone creation

Shinjani Gaur March 18, 2014

I am using the clone-plus plugin to create clones. I would like to add some conditions and validators during clone creation. I am using the default Jira workflow. I would like a field to not be "Null" during clone creation but it can be "Null" during issue creation. Where in the workflow would I add this condition?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2014

You would need to add a condition on the create issue transition. However, you will need some way to distinguish between issues about to be created one way versus the other. You might be able to do something with ignoring a field on the clone that normally would set on the create issue screen and conditioning on that - that might be difficult. If you could figure something out there, then you can use the Conditioned validator to implement the condition.

S Gaur May 8, 2014

For "Conditioned Validator" which plugin would you recommend - "Conditioned Workflow Functions" or "Create on transition Plugin"?

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2014
0 votes
S Gaur May 8, 2014

For "Conditioned Validator" which plugin would you recommend - "Conditioned Workflow Functions" or "Create on transition Plugin"?

Suggest an answer