Validator & Jira Suite Utilities - display asterisk on field label

Lynn Gariepy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2014

I have Jira Suite Utilities intalled. I added a validator on the complete transition to make Dev Release Notes a required field. It works fine, but there is no indication (no asterisk) next to the field labe to warn the user that the field is mandatory before they click OK.

How can I add the asterisk?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lynn Gariepy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2014

done

0 votes
Lynn Gariepy
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 10, 2014

Thank you.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2014

Ah, that's actually quite a hard one. Validators happen during the transition, whereas the asterisk is added by Jira core code by the "field configuration" code.

You'll need to code in some javascript to add the highlight you need. On every screen you use in the transitions :-(

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2014

as @ Nic said you need to add asterisk using javascript, check the following post @jobinhas explained with example

http://www.j-tricks.com/1/post/2012/09/silly-javascript-hacks-or-is-it.html

Suggest an answer