Validation error in project import

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2013

Hi

I was trying to import a project from one JIRA System to another. Both are at the same version. There is the Jira charting plugin installed in the same version on both systems. Importing a project shows me following
error message:

-----
*+! Custom Field Configuration:+*
+Unable to import custom field 'Time in Status'. The custom field type does not support project imports.+
-----

Does that mean I will loose all the 'Time in Status' data when importing a project? Is there any way to keep
that data?
Rahul

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2013

i received a response from Atlassian Support and they confirmed that it is a known bug

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-31434

Project import will still run fine but 'Time in Status' field data will most likely be lost during the import.

Rahul

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

I think it is a calculated field. Do the import and do a reindexing. You might see all the values.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

Can you manually add the field in to the screen and test?

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

Hi Jobin, thanks for the response. Yes it did import without any errors. But I have no way to test it. I checked the screens linked to the project and this custom field does not list there. Any idea on how I may verify if i have lost data or not?

Rahul

Suggest an answer