VS connector fails to connect to my ondemand account

Lee Elenbaas April 1, 2013

ever since i upgraded the VS connector - it fails to connect to my ondemand account

the erro reported is this:

Login failed

Atlassian.plvs.api.LoginException

com.atlassian.jira.rpc.exception.RemoteAuthenticationException: Attempt to log in user 'l.e' failed. The maximum number of failed login attempts has been reached. Please log into the application through the web interface to reset the number of failed login attempts.

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

at Atlassian.plvs.Atlassian.plvs.api.soap.service.JiraSoapServiceService.login(String in0, String in1)

at Atlassian.plvs.api.jira.soap.SoapSession.login(String userName, String password)

at Atlassian.plvs.api.jira.soap.SoapSession.login(String userName, String password)

at Atlassian.plvs.api.jira.facade.ClassicJiraServerFacade.login(JiraServer server)

at Atlassian.plvs.api.jira.facade.SmartJiraServerFacade.<>c__DisplayClass2.<login>b__1(JiraServer param0)

at Atlassian.plvs.api.jira.facade.SmartJiraServerFacade.delegatedVoid(JiraServer server, DelegateVoid rest, DelegateVoid classic)

at Atlassian.plvs.api.jira.facade.SmartJiraServerFacade.login(JiraServer server)

at Atlassian.plvs.ui.jira.TabJira.reloadKnownServersWorker(IEnumerable`1 servers, Int32 myGeneration)

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Janusz Gorycki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2013

Hi,

I am pretty sure you are not actually using the latest version of the connector - the stack trace looks like it comes from an old connector version. Can you double check in the connector's "About" box what the version that you are using is?

As to why you are locked out - from the error message it looks like you are blocked on a CAPTCHA challenge - after you reach a maximum of failed login attempts, JIRA requires that you solve a CAPTCHA before logging you in. Because of the fact that this cannot be done using remote API, connectors cannot log in. Please go to your JIRA's web UI, log out and log in again - this should fix the issue

Cheers
Janusz

Lee Elenbaas May 20, 2013

version from the about: Version 1.3.8-STABLE, Build 20130327-1514

Lee Elenbaas May 27, 2013

it took 2 more versions of the connector - and several password resets done on the website - but it started working again

thanks

0 votes
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2013

In the Connector you should use JIRA credentials and not the Google ones.

When you log in to JIRA via browser with your Google credentials then please go to your Profile page and set your JIRA credentials which can be next used in the Connector.

Cheers,
Jacek

Lee Elenbaas May 18, 2013

I am using the jira credentials - does not help

i can use those credentials to log into jira's website - but not to connect from the VS connector

0 votes
Lee Elenbaas May 11, 2013

so far i am stuck on any of the computers i upgraded the VS connector - notn of them is able to connect to the ondemand server, and i have no idea how to proceed

0 votes
Marlon Aguiar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2013

Hi Lee,

You will have to log in JIRA and reset the login attemps from the l.e user, also double check if the password for that user hasen't changed and is misconfigured on VS connector, this could be why the error happened in the first place. Hope this helps!!

Marlon Aguiar

Lee Elenbaas April 3, 2013

how can i reset it? the user is a google apps user

and the error started immidietly after the VS connector upgrade - 10min earlier i used the older VS connector with the same user settings (at least i have not touched the user settings at all) - so this scenario sounds wrong to me (unless the login structure/process has changed)
Lee Elenbaas April 20, 2013

I am still waiting for an answer how to reset my user - i am still unable to use the VS connector

Suggest an answer