VMWare failed, need to restore JIRA database

Niklas Nilsson August 5, 2012

During upgrade to the latest version of JIRA, 5.1.1, we used the provided upgrade.bin which automatically performed a back-up.

During the back-up process it seems the disk got full which caused the entire virtual machine (VMWare) to crash leaving the .vmdk corrupt. So far all attempts on retrieving data have been unsuccessful.

The problem we are facing is of course massive loss of data, and the question is how we can rebuild the database to a more recent time than the available back-up? We have most of the emails which are automatically generated available, can they somehow be parsed into the service?

1 answer

1 vote
Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2015

Hey Niklas that is indeed bad sad, I hear that something similar happened in the past with a customer and what he did was to get in touch with one of the [Atlassian Experts|https://www.atlassian.com/resources/experts]. As far as I recall the way the did to recover the data was trough the email notifications, however I don't know exactly what they did and how it was the quoting for that process.

I know this answer is old and maybe you even found a way around, in case anyone get a similar problem I would suggest to get in touch with atlassian experts for a quotation regadring above services, or share your solution in here (in case you know how to do it smile).
Thanks and Regards,
David| The Engineer that like Windows for realsies.

Suggest an answer