VMWare failed, need to restore JIRA database

During upgrade to the latest version of JIRA, 5.1.1, we used the provided upgrade.bin which automatically performed a back-up.

During the back-up process it seems the disk got full which caused the entire virtual machine (VMWare) to crash leaving the .vmdk corrupt. So far all attempts on retrieving data have been unsuccessful.

The problem we are facing is of course massive loss of data, and the question is how we can rebuild the database to a more recent time than the available back-up? We have most of the emails which are automatically generated available, can they somehow be parsed into the service?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hey Niklas that is indeed bad sad, I hear that something similar happened in the past with a customer and what he did was to get in touch with one of the [Atlassian Experts|https://www.atlassian.com/resources/experts]. As far as I recall the way the did to recover the data was trough the email notifications, however I don't know exactly what they did and how it was the quoting for that process.

I know this answer is old and maybe you even found a way around, in case anyone get a similar problem I would suggest to get in touch with atlassian experts for a quotation regadring above services, or share your solution in here (in case you know how to do it smile).
Thanks and Regards,
David| The Engineer that like Windows for realsies.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

40 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you