Using the "Two dimensional filter gadget" with the timespent-field?

Joacim Boive March 31, 2015

I would like to use the Two dimensional filter gadget, or simliar and on the Y-axis show all my developers. On the X-axis show the date for a set period of time and the cells should contain the logged hours of work for that developer and date.

But the timespent field isn't available in the list for the gadget. What's my alternatives?

What I need to achieve is to have an easy way of tracking that everyone is logging the hours they've worked on their issues.

Thanks!

/J

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2015

Udo's pointer to the explanation of why it doesn't work is a good one, it's still valid.

You'll need some code to generate the report you're after, but I would not do it with the 2-d filter, I'd write something specific.  In theory, you could code to make the period "statable", but that does not scale in medium-large systems, and it would be safer to write something that doesn't try to do that, but directly calculates the periods efficiently.

saurabh_dave August 9, 2019

let me know if you have found a solution to it.

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2015

You could do this with the Better Excel Plugin by generating an Excel pivot table.

The nicety that you could use any "time granularity", summing the times by day, week, month, year.

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2015

The explanation why the fields are not shown, can be found here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/241543/two-dimensional-filter-statistics-query But I have no ideas about your alternatives.

Suggest an answer