Using the new JIRA Importer

Roxanne Martinez November 15, 2011

I have been trying to find documentation on how to use the CSV importer using the new JIRA importers plugin that is included in 4.3.4 now. We are excited that attachments can now be included in the import but have no idea on how to set up to use them.

If you can please let me know the following:

* What is the attachment(s) column supposed to contain? In what format?

* My understanding is that you can also have multiple attachments by having multiple columns by the name of Attachment. Is this true?

* Where are the attachments directory supposed to be located on the server?

* How is the attachments directory supposed to be structured?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Roxanne

1 answer

0 votes
Bastien
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2012

Hi Roxanne,

May be you have already found a solution for your problem, but in case :

* Attachment column is supposed to contain the url of the file : you can use HTTPS protocole, or FILE protocole. With HTTPS, you can attch any file with the correct URL. With FILE protocol, you can attach a file that is located in the <JIRA-HOME>/import/attachments/ folder, and you write this in the column value of the CSV file : "file://you-file.extension".

* I don't know how to attach multiple files into one entry of the CSV file, i suppose it's possible ...

* Attachments directory is in the jira home folder : <JIRA-HOME>\import\attachments\

* You can put your files directly to this folder, or you can add folders :
<JIRA-HOME>\import\attachments\folder1\file1.txt
<JIRA-HOME>\import\attachments\folder2\file2.txt

And then in your CSV file, you write this to import files :

"file://folder1/file1.txt"
"file://folder2/file2.txt"

Regards.

Suggest an answer