Using the Jira issue filter in Confluence, how to do field values from the Confiforms?

Joseph Jandal March 5, 2021

I am trying to create a Jira issue when the submit button is clicked on the form.  How can I add a macro to the button to create the Jira story automatically from the ConfiForms field definition values?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2021
Joseph Jandal March 9, 2021

Thank you Alex, your response is quite helpful response.  However, now I am getting this error:

com.atlassian.sal.api.net.ResponseException: Error communicating with Jira, {"errorMessages":[],"errors":{"summary":"You must specify a summary of the issue."}}

Here's my noformat content:

{
    "fields": {
       "project":
       {
          "key": "MAFS"
       },
       "summary": "[entry.summary.escapeJSON]",
       "description": "[entry.description.escapeJSON]",
       "issuetype": {
          "name": "Story"
       }
   }
}

0 votes
Joseph Jandal March 9, 2021

My issue is now fixe.  The error above got cleared when I used the fieldname correctly with the proper case.

Thank you Alex.!!!!!

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2021

Hi

Yes, everything in ConfiForms is case-sensitive - you need to follow the letters case everywhere.

In field names, in function names, in field object properties (for rich objects, such as Page/User, for example)

Alex

Suggest an answer