Using string functions with Project Automations from codebarrel

Russell Stanford December 13, 2017

I am working with a field that contains the summary of multiple linked issue using the {{destinationissue.summary}}, which returns the summary of the linked issue. 

I have linked issue types of "Assigned" and "Unassigned". 

The assigned link type populates a sing line text field using the 
{{destinationissue.summary}}

It also adds to the field if more than one issue with assigned is used, by using this code. 

{{destinationIssue.summary}} {{issue.fields.Computer Name}}

The issue is when I link a computer with the link type "Unassigned" I need to remove the summary from the single line text. I was trying to use the string manipulation functions, but I do not know if you can use smartvalues as the parameter for the function. Like this

From their help pages:

{{issue.summary.remove("l")}} returns Heo Word!

I was trying this hoping to grab the summary of the issue I just linked and remove it from the custom field of "Computer Name":

{{issue.fields.Computer Name.remove({{destinationIssue.summary}})}}

I am guessing I cannot add smart values to the parameters passed to the function. Is that right? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2017

Hi Russell,

Yes that's correct. You can't currently use smart-values as parameters like this.

We don't really support this use-case currently. 

Cheers,
  Andreas

Suggest an answer